Carmel Vets > About > Casebook > Rachael and Holly
Rachael and Holly
This is Holly and she’s a two year old Springer Spaniel. Now Holly ate something she shouldn’t have, a fungus, which potentially could have been toxic for her. As with humans wild mushrooms can pose a potential risk to your dog.
Holly’s owners acted quickly and brought her to see us. To make sure Holly was going to be ok, she had an injection to make her sick and she had to eat charcoal to help absorb any toxins and protect her stomach. As you can see it was a messy job for our Senior Nurse Rachael, but thankfully Holly was ok and made a good recovery.